QR Safely Access the Rail Corridor (QR3.2) - Face-to-Face
This course is aligned to the specific requirements of Queensland Rails Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189.
It is designed to give learners the skills and knowledge required to safely enter and navigate around the rail corridor with the permission of the access provider, and includes taking appropriate safety precautions to:
- Access the danger zone with the permission of the access provider‚ in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Access the Rail Corridor
- Respond appropriately in an emergency
It includes following the policies, procedures and protocols of the access provider for situational awareness and rail safety, and to operate under local track protection rules in accordance with safe working and regulatory requirements and workplace procedures, including accessing and interpreting information about track protection requirements, carrying out assigned protection and/or work activities, and responding appropriately to safety incidents and abnormal situations within the limits of personal responsibility.
On successful completion of this course participants receive a Statement of Attainment for TLIF0020 Safely Access the Rail Corridor- this unit forms part of the qualifications TLI27120 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure and TLI21921 Certificate II in Track Protection
- QR Certificate of Achievement for QR3.2 Safely access the Rail Corridor
- QR Trackside Protection Card
Workers who are required to regularly access the Queensland Rail rail corridor as part of their role.
On successful completion of this package learners will have the following QR knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrate how to safely access and work in the rail corridor.
- Identify Components of the Rail Corridor
- Understand the minimum sighting distances.
- Identify safety hazards, risks and controls used in the Rail Corridor.
- Identify and report unsafe situations within the rail environment.
- A Rail Industry Worker Card (RIW) is required prior to attending the session
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment prior of the session prior to commencing the training
- Understanding and speaking English is a requirement to attend
- Wear the correct PPE for the task - minimum listed below.
- high vis long sleeve shirt or long sleeve shirt with hi vis vest,
- long pants,
- steel capped safety boots,
- safety glasses
- Rail Medical is required for the Rail Industry Worker (RIW) roles of QR Operator & National Around the Track Personnel prior to commencing work
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
The learners will be assessed to determine their competence using both a theory and practical assessment.
Up to 8 Hours
Face-to-Face Sessions are regularly conducted at our Rockhampton and Nambour training rooms.
Additionally, we have trainers located in Brisbane, Toowoomba and Townsville who are also available to deliver this training.
Please contact 07 5445 7998 or email email@example.com to make a booking.
We are available to deliver this course throughout QLD at the clients choice of location - please contact us for a customised price. There is a minimum workshop requirement of three (3) persons.
$320.00 per person.
TLIF2010 Apply Fatigue Management Strategies (completed as a separate course).
This is required for the QR Operator Role on RIW.
If you would like to enrol in this additional session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 5445 7998 for session details.
Required every 3 years for QR Certificate of Achievement for QR3.2 Safely Access the Rail Corridor.
If you require a reaccreditation please check out the course listed on our website.
Please read our Learner Handbook prior to enrolment into this course. It contains information to help assist the Learner. The Handbook details information around policies and procedures - please click here to view.
Use the links below to enrol in upcoming courses or contact Accell to book another date.
If you would like to enrol bulk participants or have any questions, please contact our office on 07 5445 7998, or send an enquiry by emailing us at email@example.com.
|QR3.2 Safely Access the Rail Corridor - ROCKHAMPTON - 4 Spaces Remaining||10 August 2022||08:00 am - 02:00 pm||Rockhampton||4||$320.00|
|QR3.2 Safely Access the Rail Corridor - NAMBOUR - 4 Spaces Remaining||11 August 2022||08:00 am - 02:00 pm||Nambour||4||$320.00|
|QR3.2 Safely Access the Rail Corridor - ROCKHAMPTON - 4 Spaces Remaining||17 August 2022||08:00 am - 02:00 pm||Rockhampton||4||$320.00|
|QR3.2 Safely Access the Rail Corridor - NAMBOUR - 5 Spaces Remaining||6 September 2022||08:00 am - 02:00 pm||Nambour||5||$320.00|