QR3.4 Lookout Working
This course is for workers who are required to perform the role of a Lookout when lookout working is being used as a protection method for a worksite. It includes taking up lookout position, conducting lookout duties and taking actions in unsafe situations and emergencies.
This course is aligned to the specific requirements of Queensland Rails Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189.
On successful completion of this unit learners will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of a Lookout
- Explain how a Lookout communicates with the workgroup, other Lookouts, supervisors and the Protection
- Apply and communicate the minimum sighting distance through a Prestart Safety Briefing.
- Explain what a Lookout can do in different parts of the Network.
- Advise workers to clear the track.
- Acknowledge the rail traffic whistle.
- Stop a train in an emergency.
On successful completion of this course learners will receive a Statement of Attainment for TLIF0027 Perform lookout duties and is part of TLI21921 Certificate II in Track Protection.
QR Certificate of Achievement for QR3.4 Lookout Working
- NHS Category 3 Health Assessment
- QR3.2 Safely Access the Rail Corridor
Face to face
Face to Face Sessions are at our Rockhampton and Nambour training rooms.
Please enrol below or contact 07 5445 7998 to make a booking.
There is a minimum workshop requirement of three (3) persons. Please contact our office to be placed on a waiting list or to check availability of courses running.
We are available to deliver this course throughout QLD at the clients location - please contact us for a customised price.
$320.00 per person.
Required every 3 years for QR Certificate of Achievement for QR3.4
If you require a reaccreditation please contact Accell.
Please read our Learner Handbook prior to enrolment into this course. It contains information to help assist the Learner. The Handbook details information around policies and procedures - please click here to view.
Visit the Queensland Rail website for a list of currently licenced training providers http://www.queenslandrail.com.au/forbusiness/contractors
Use the links below to enrol in upcoming courses or contact Accell to book another date.
If you would like to enrol bulk participants or have any questions, please contact our office on 07 5445 7998, send an enquiry or e-mail us at email@example.com