QR3.2 Safely Access the Rail Corridor - Training Webinar
Workers who are required to regularly access the Queensland Rail rail corridor as part of their role.
This course is aligned to the specific requirements of Queensland Rails Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189.
It is designed to give learners the skills and knowledge required to safely enter and navigate around the rail corridor and danger zone with the permission of the access provider‚ in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements. It includes following the policies, procedures and protocols of the access provider for situational awareness and rail safety, and to operate under local track protection rules in accordance with safe working and regulatory requirements and workplace procedures, including accessing and interpreting information about track protection requirements, carrying out assigned protection and/or work activities, and responding appropriately to safety incidents and abnormal situations within the limits of personal responsibility.
On successful completion of this course participants receive a Certificate of Achievement for QR3.2 Safely access the rail corridor, QR Trackside Protection Card for Safely access the rail corridor and a Statement of Attainment for:
- TLIF2080 Safely Access the rail corridor
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
- OPTIONAL: ADD ON TLIF2010 Apply Fatigue Management Strategies eLearning for an extra cost. This is required for QR OPERATOR ROLES on RIW.
Training Webinar - conducted by one of our skilled trainers.
Theory/Scenario Online Assessment - aligned to the Queensland Rail enterprise requirements for QR3.2 Safely access the rail corridor and includes the national units of competency aligned to this course
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules.
The assessment contains multiple choice, short questions, true/false type answers and scenario questions.
The minimum pass rate is 100%. This is an open book assessment and the learner guide will be made available to you.
Each learner is permitted two (2) assessment attempts. If you receive a score that is under 100% on your first assessment, a second assessment attempt will be provided. If you do not satisfactorily achieve 100% or higher on the second attempt you will be given a Competency Not Achieve (CNA) score and you will be contacted by one of our skilled assessors to discuss your results.
Practical Assessment Part One: Group Assessment - conducted during the training webinar.
Practical Assessment Part Two: Individual Assessment - The learner demonstrates their ability to identify the Danger Zone and a Safe Place.
Learning Outcomes:On successful completion of this package learners will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrate how to safely access and work in the rail corridor.
- Recognise the Danger Zone.
- Identify and access a Safe Place.
- Identify the direction of approaching traffic.
- Apply minimum sighting distances.
- Maintain situational awareness to identify potential risks.
- Identify and explain the use of communication tools when working in the rail environment.
- Identify electrical safety hazards, risks and controls used in the rail corridor
- Identify and report unsafe situations within the rail environment.
- Undertake work activities under local track protection rules in accordance with safeworking rules, procedures and regulatory requirements
Up to 6 Hours for QR3.2
3 years - If you require a reaccreditation please check out the course listed on our website.
The learners will be assessed to determine their competence using both a theory and practical assessment.
- NHS Category 3 Health Assessment required for the role of ‘Working in the Rail Corridor’
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
Please read our Learner Handbook prior to enrolment into this course. It contains information to help assist the Learner. The Handbook details information around policies and procedures - please click here to view.
QR3.2 - (TLIF2080 TLIW2001) = The cost per person is $320.00.
ADD on TLIF2010 = The cost per person is $250.00. (completed via eLearning and online assessment)
Please contact our office to be enrolled in this training.