ARTC SA Handsignaller and Track Worker Level 1
This qualification is intended for people who want a career in transport and logistics as a Handsignaller or Track Worker Level 1 for ARTC
This training course is about implementing, managing and fulfilling the Train Running Information (TRI) and No Authority Required (NAR) methods of protection and for conducting Handsignaller duties on the ARTC Defined Interstate Rail Network from the West End of Dimboola Loop to Parkeston, Crystal Brook to Broken Hill and from Port Augusta to Whyalla, and Adelaide Metro including the Outer harbor line.
Successful completion of the ARTC Handsignaller and Track Worker Level 1 assessment of competency allows you to conduct track protection assessments and to implement Train Running Information (TRI) and No Authority Required (NAR) ARTC defined interstate rail network from the West End of Dimboola Loop to Parkeston, Crystal Brook to Broken Hill and from Port Augusta to Whyalla, and Adelaide Metro including the Outer harbor line.
Participants completing this course must hold the following AQF competency units:
- TLIF0020 Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- CPCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
Participants will also require a Compliant Certificate of Fitness (Category 1).
COURSE STRUCTURE AND DURATION
This training course consists of the following components:
- Theory training
- Practical On Job Training
- Practical Period of On Job Application
- Assessment of competence
The Volume of Learning (VoL) for this qualification is defined as:
- Four (4) days for the RTO Lead training which is structured theory and practical (practical application of theory training is undertaken in either a controlled environment or on the ARTC Network), or...
- Two (2) days for the RTO Lead Training which is structured theory only, and then a qualified person will work through the Practical Workbook.
- ARTC have stipulated a minimum of three separate occasions conducting Handsignaller and Track Worker Level 1 duties is required to complete the Period of On Job Application prior to the initial assessment of competency being administered.
- Each nominated Registered Training Organisation must follow the ASQA guidelines for this qualification and unless otherwise requested by the learner for an early assessment of competence, the minimum three separate occasions apply.
There are three (3) parts to this competency based training and assessment:
- RTO Lead Training, this includes both theory and practical lead by an approved trainer or facilitator, this training will be in a structured environment using a practical workbook.
- Period of on job application –where the Participant continues to practice the tasks under guided supervision of a competent person, recording hours/experience in a logbook;
- Competency assessment –an assessment of a trainee’s competency by a qualified and competent assessor using an approved competency assessment tool.
If successful, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued for the following competency units:
- TLIF0027 Perform Lookout Duties
- TLIF2082 Perform Handsignaller Duties
- TLIW0007 Operate Under Track Protection Rules
- TLIF2097 Use Audible Track Warning Devices
- TLIW2037 Clip and Secure Points
- TLIF0023 Conduct Track Protection Assessment
As well as a Certificate of Achievement for ARTC SA Hansignaller and Track Worker Level 1.
Reaccreditation courses are also offered.